December 02, 2010

My Hope is in Him: Ethiopia Girls Home

David L. Meyer – CEO Hand of Hope




Today we had the pleasure of visiting one of the homes we support in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia which rescues women trapped in the commercial sex trade. One of the precious girls here, Martha A., shared a poem with us that is very powerful. I want to share it with you. Thank you partners for helping us rescue women from human trafficking.

My Hope Is In Him by Martha A.

Whatever happened to her? People were saying My strength depleted and my sorrows deep...

To all who gave up on me, to those who've said "she's finished"
Here, a new day has dawned for me, what will you say now?

From afar, from a filthy place
Mockingly they said "she's hopeless"

But I have a God whom I can lean on and take refuge I will bear witness to all who laughed at me

I have faith that a better day has come I will hide in His care and evade the death sentence I will bow down and sing to His praise

Hand of Hope is the missions arm of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Our goal is simply to help as many hurting people as we possibly can, to alleviate human suffering and to help Christians grow in their faith.