March 19, 2014

Meet Pastor Alex from our St. Louis Dream Center


My name is Alex Bryant, and I am the new director of the St. Louis Dream Center. In July of last year my wife, Angela, and I (along with our 5 kids) moved here from sunny Southwest Florida. We did this for one reason: we believe that people want to be a part of something bigger than they are! And what is happening at the St. Louis Dream Center is definitely bigger than all of us. 

My family is from the Midwest, and my mother has been a student of Joyce’s teaching for many years, so, I was familiar with the DC. I knew that the staff and volunteers had been meeting the needs of inner city kids and adults for a number of years. Great things have been happening for a while – long before I arrived. So, when the opportunity arose for us to come and be a part of what’s going on, we jumped at the chance! 

Having grown up in the housing projects in a town just north of St. Louis, I know what it’s like to be poor and needy. I have eaten the government cheese and peanut butter. I have gone to school with clothes that were worn out and didn’t fit. But, God had His hand on my life the whole time. 

I made it out of the ‘hood’ through education! Educating my heart with the knowledge that Christ is real and has a plan for my life. Educating my mind, through college, developing the tools necessary to fulfill this plan. I feel like God has been preparing me for this all my life!

God has given us an even bigger vision for the ministry here at the Dream Center and the surrounding community, the 21st Ward. We want to see more people move from where they are (perhaps homeless or in extreme poverty) to become productive members of society. We want to help them get GEDs and higher education that will help them get better jobs to support their families. We want to help them develop life skills (e.g. personal finance, parenting, and social acumen) that will help them feel more confident about accomplishing their dreams and goals. We want to teach them God’s Word so they will know His values and His expectations for their life. And then we want to release them into the community with the mandate to help us fulfill the Great Commission!

I made it out and now I want to help as many people as possible make it out too. If I can do it, so can they! Pray for us as we continue to grow the scope and reach of the St. Louis Dream Center. If we all work together we can achieve more.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Pastor Alex 
Executive Director of the SLDC

Hand of Hope is the missions arm of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Our goal is simply to help as many hurting people as we possibly can, to alleviate human suffering and to help Christians grow in their faith.

Follow Hand of Hope on Facebook | Twitter